View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 01:55 PM
StitchinJoy

Inteseting to see how we all got into this magnificent obsession. I taught myself how to quilt in 1969, by looking at antique quilts in the Newark Museum, Newark NJ.

The first quilt I made was a crazy quilt of loads of different sewing scraps I had in the closet and decided to "use up/" I started out with 2 bags of scraps; now I have 2 rooms of fabric. My 1st dog was burried in that quilt.

I don't have a favorite but I have many that I love. I love that one in my avatar.

Most of my quilts go to charity: Project Linus, Camp Erin, Quilts of Valor. Mnay are made for my family and friends. But we have several quilts for each bed in our house, and some seasonal quilts thrown over the backs of sofa, chairs, rocker.... On our bed is the oldest quilt in my collection, one that I had pieced and quilted by hand and finished in 1989.

I belong to Newtown Quilters guild, and I attend workshops and classes at Machine Quilters Expo, Quilt Odyssey in Hershey, and local quilt shops. Once I entered a quilt in a quilt contest sponsored by the Allentown Museum, Quilters Newsletter and P&B Textiles. My quilt won. I was stunned.

I love hooking others on quilting. I teach workshops for my guild and local shop, and give quilting lessons in my home.

I quilt for the sheer joy of it.