Old 08-19-2010, 02:46 PM
jenna p in ga

Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
I pulled out all the tread that was on the bobbin when I got the machine and replaced it with my own.
If this machines bobbin area does not like my thread we have a problem lol cus I only use coats and clarke 100% cotton thread lol that I get at Joann's on sale or with a coupon.
I bought a 10$ spool of aurifil before and my (mondren Kenmore) hated it and refused to sew. I learned my lesson :lol:

I dont know. I didnt throw the thing out the wondow so she still has a chance. Just really ticked my feathers as I was on such a roll last night lol.

I have a domestic that I LOVE and it has never in the 9 years I have owned it given me any problems. I can even leave it sit for 1-2 years and come back to it and works like yesterday. I am finding that these Singers although nice are not like the
domestic

But I will get use to the Singers. So far the 66-16 is not giving me any trouble.
Also I found that I didnt need to change the hand wheel. The electric hand wheel will work for the treadle so that was cool.

I was already thinking of just displaying the red eye 66-1 as I love the decals and the 66-16's decals are already worn some

SO I may just display the redeye and bring her down a few times a year to use her and clean her up a bit
LOL, don't get rid of the thread just use another machine. I use C&C also, but was trying Gutterman's poly thread, mainly because it was handy, and the treadle did not like it!!! It does fine w/the C&C poly or 100% cotton.

Glad you are having fun sewing anyway. I am thankful to have more machines because I have a love/hate relationship w/my newer machine. So, when it wants to act up I can just go to another machine, lol.