View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 02:58 PM
purplefiend

Originally Posted by sarge1
ok ladies, when I got home from work, I dug out the old machine. I feel simultaneously guilty for keeping it boxed up all these years, and excited to try to use it. Can't start it up now (baby's sleeping), but tomorrow! Now, some help figuring out what I've got?! I can't find a model number on it; it seems there are pieces hiding inside the base (I hear them rattling around), but I don't know how to get them out; the bent piece of metal (see pic) seems to fit into a small hole on the base, and turn, but then nothing.This thing weighs about 150 lbs!
What you have is a Singer 99, should sew beautifully! I have one just like this and I put a hand crank on it. It came
with a 220 volt motor. The bent bar is the what is used to power the machine, you use it with your knee .
The machine threads from left to right, needle goes in with the flat to the right.
You can use the manual from a Singer model 66, same machine just bigger. To get to the stuff you hear rattling around, try undoing the thumb screw to the right on the plate thats to the right of the hand wheel.