View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 07:24 PM
pstoner

Originally Posted by aardvarq
Originally Posted by Aully
Originally Posted by nursie76
Sorry that all this has brought on a migraine. Hope you feel better soon, and that you find someone to help you with your machine problem.
Thanks it's not your fault though. :)
There has to be a computer reset button somewhere . . . Is the power button that turns it on a toggle type button or a push and spring back type button?

If toggle, like most, no help there.

Maybe if you hold the stop start button and count to about ten slowly, it will reset the motherboard memory.

On my non-Singer: I turn the machine off, hold the stop/start and another button down WHILE turning on the power switch/button.

Have you tried something like that yet?

The fact that the needle goes up and down by hand-turn means most of the gears/belts are ok.

Humm

Aardie.
Darn it, did Bill Gates have something to do with the sewing computer board...how many buttons did you say that you have to hold to reset...like Control, Alt, Delete.

Seriously though, make sure you have the proof of purchase, it you don't then you need to send a copy of serial number, receipt to Singer repair service center (through the 800 number)-hopefully they get the name, address, and everything correct. Take it to (or may have to send to repair center with a copy of your proof of purchase letter-which you need to get from singer).

Good luck, I know exactly what you mean, devastated. Even though I have others to use, I missed my Singer 7469Q so bad while it's been gone.