Old 08-20-2010, 04:39 AM
watson's mom

I thought about this thread all night and first thing this a.m. This is so ridiculous that it isn't even funny. Why sell patterns if you don't want the end product displayed or shown off. Stupid idea. I think these designers who do that are just too full of themselves and they are the ones we should boycott. Next thing we know the LAQ's will not want us to 'display' their designs without permission either. I'm all for giving credit where credit is due but it seems to me that as long as I don't sell or copy the actual pattern itself, I should be able to sell or display my own work. I have bought my last designer's pattern and won't be subscribing to any more quilt magazines. There are plenty of free designs around. I was just wondering...where does this leave Dunster and her Log cabin Star quilt that she sold on here. I have seen others like it before I saw hers, I even bought her pattern. Does this mean that we can't use the tutorials on this site anymore. This is worse than a merry go round.