Old 08-20-2010, 10:19 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Originally Posted by Rhonda
Oh I think it is soooo cute!! I would use one! But I would use Dawn to get rid of the greasy feel and then you could seal the inside with a coat of spray polyurethyne.Once dry that will kill the smell. I love it!!
Well, I used laundry detergent and hot hot water. If that doesn't get rid of the smell and residue nothing will. I think the greasy feel is just permeated into the plastic, the smell sure is. And I would be more bothered by the smell of the poyurethane than the dog food, if it didn't melt the plastic. Personally, why not just use them for trash and throw them out with it weekly. I have plenty of old fabric I could use as cuter tote bags than advertising dog food.
It appeals to me for the advertising. I collect old advertising and it is a graphic art kind of thing too. I may have to think about this. Maybe another type of bag would be better to use than the dog food but I love the idea. It is kind of a folk art sort of thing. I collect old cereal boxes and I have a Kelloggs box and old Oatmeal boxes etc. I love the advertising because advertising changes so fast. What was used when I was a kid and even when my kids were little is no longer being used. so it is collectible now! Companies go under or change management and that means constant changes in advertising. It is fun to collect!