View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 10:36 AM
Suzan Larrimore

Let me start by saying I am a crocheter, and have been for years. My mother and grandmother taught me when I was very young. When my mom died I inherited all of her patterns and hooks as well as all she had gotten that had been my grandmother's. Well my dad's mother was a quilter. When she died I knew my aunts had gotten to my grandmothers things and taken most if not all of it. Bear with me. My niece is now pregnant and my sister has asked me to crochet for the new baby. So I go to the small bookcase where I keep all patterns (crochet and quilting) and pull out the baby stuff. While there I see some quilting stuff that I though had been my mom's. Today I start to go through what I though were crochet patterns and there was SunBonnet Sue. I start to page through and find alot of quilting patterns. I look for print dates. They're from the 70's! OMG I have some of my grandmothers quilting patterns! I didn't think I'd ever have any of her quilting stuff. (starting to cry again) I'M SO HAPPY!