Thread: Woo hoo, I won!
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 12:18 PM
paintmejudy

My quilt guild is doing a block of the month. This month's theme was black and white. You make 2 blocks, take them in and put your name in the pot. Depending on how many blocks are turneed in, determines how many people can pick blocks. There were 74 blocks on the wall, 6 people could choose.

But I need some help with finishing it, if the forum members don't mind weighing in with suggestions. I think I am only going to use the top 9 blocks and make it a smaller wallhanging. The blocks are 12-1/2" unfinished.

I'm thinking of a very narrow sashing (no more than 1" wide)between the blocks with a wider 3" border in a dark red/black small print and putting 3 spots of red somewhere on the quilt. Perhaps use fabric paint and paint one of the white backgrounds on one of the small 2" patterned squares? Maybe add some red trim to another square, maybe a 3-D fabric flower to the center of the 4" black block. What do you think? If you have any better suggestions, please -- I'd love to hear them. And would like to hear if you hate my thoughts! You all have been at this much longer than me, I'm just fumbling my way along, one quilt at a time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

colors are a bit funny - the fabric is a true white and deep dark black.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]100513[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-100508.jpe