View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 12:42 PM
SharonTheriault

Interesting thread!

Who taught you how to quilt? Taught myself through reading the patterns and books.

What pattern was the first quilt you made? Rail fence lap quilts for my children.

Do you still have your 1st quilt? No, it's at my daughter's house.

Which of your quilts is your favorite and why? I'd have to say that my favorite is always the one I am working on at any given time.

What do you do with the quilts you make? Give them to my family. The first year I got back into quilting I made 20 quilted pieces. All Christmas presents for my sisters, mom, kids, and grandkids.

What is the oldest quilt in your collection?That's only about 8 years old and is one I made.

Do you belong to a guild, or attend workshops? Yes, I belong to a guild and it's quite large and very active.

Have you ever entered a quilt in a quilt-show or fair? No

Have you encouraged others to try quilting? Maybe not encouraged them to start but to get back into it after a long time away from quilting. One lady said it's hard to make friends into quilters but easier to make friends with quilters. So right.

Why do you quilt? It fills a spot in me that is comfortable with the cutting, piecing and quilting. I even enjoy sewing binding on a finished quilt.