View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 01:21 PM
retired2pa

I had 2 Moda Tweet, Tweet charm packs that I had bought a couple months ago and just this last week started on making a D9P lap quilt. When I got them put together and looked at the size on my display wall it didn't look big enough to me so I went back to the LQS I had gotten them from and bought another pack. I got home and started laying them out in the patterns that I wanted and started sewing the nine patches together. Then I noticed that there were different sizes!! They weren't matching up! I measured some and found that there were some 5 1/8" square and some were just barely 5" square. I started measuring all of them and sorting them in piles and found that there were more of the 5 1/8" than the 5". I guess you could look at this and say...well, you got a bit more fabric for what you paid for. That's true, but when you're doing a project don't you think you should be confident that you can purchase pre-cut fabrics and they will ALL be the same so you don't have to trim or mess with it? Isn't that the point of buying pre-cuts so you don't have to worry about this sort of thing???

Thanks for letting me blow off steam...LOL Has anyone else ever come across this problem?