View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 10:19 PM
butterflywing

Originally Posted by Aully
I got the machine last year for my birthday in March from my boyfriend Brian. It is from Costco, The make is Singer and model numer is 4166. You can not disable the start stop button you just use the foot pedal to sew instead. I have taken the bobin area all appart and cleaned it, I have not oiled it lately. Maybe it got tired of me using it for the 2 hours straight. lol! I don't have anything magnetic aroung my machine just metal which are my sewing scisors. I have looked on the Singer website and they don't even have my machine on it, nothing in the forums either. I will try calling the 800 number tonight. I have been so stressed out with this that I have been sick with a migraine ever since. :( Thanks everyone for all your wounderful replys.
sad to say, the ones from costco are numbered differently. they're still fine, but with different model numbers so even if you could email singer i doubt if they would know the real model number and it's hard to track down answers to problems. however, you'll never get an answer out of singer anyway. i'm still waiting for a reply to a message i left with them when i bought my garage sale find about three weeks ago. i vote for a repair man. it's always been my experience that no matter how simple it is, it costs more than it should, but what can you do? get an estimate first. sometimes you're better off putting the money toward a new one. especially if it's really frozen. btw, how come you're oiling a computerized machine? does it say that in the manual? just curious.