View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 03:49 AM
dragonfly

Hi Everyone!

What a great topic :"):

I have been married 33 years to the best man in the world for me !
I had been going out with my girlfriend to discos and dances and had met some interesting people through this time
The night I met my husband, Elizabeth (my close friend from work) and I went to a disco called Chequers in Sydney. ( Capital of NSW in Australia) Elizabeth and I had been to this disco/dinner party establishment before - once to a work dinner party with her Mum. We were her "guardians" for that night LOL and were told about the disco nights and decided to go there again for that.

The following weekend - 1st August 1975 Elizabeth and I were dancing our normal routine on the floor. We always had others join us - this was the era of great dance routines and danced and danced and danced -where did we find our energy! We sat down for a sip of our drinks ( you could leave on your table in total safety those days) when two young men introduced themselves and asked if they could sit down and chat. We agreed and chatted for a bit, then got up to dance. Had a great time and about 1am the next morning we went to a local cafe for coffee (in a group). These two young men followed us back to Elizabeths home which was not far from the city to make sure we got home ok! awww :)
PW said goodbye to Elizabeth and I said goodbye to SH. He gave me a gentle kiss goodnight and said he would ring to make a date to go out sometime.
Well short story is we ended up as a great twosome.
He proposed in December 1975 and we were married on my Mum and Dad's 23rd Wedding anniversary the following March.
Our children are 26,29 and 31 and we have one grandson who is almost 5 years old.
Our love grows stronger with every year.