View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 06:11 AM
quilt_happy

Who taught you how to quilt?My older sister (family of 12)

What pattern was the first quilt you made?I made a quilt with embroidered blocks of the stations of the cross and all the Catholic prayers

Do you still have your 1st quilt?No, I donated it to a church raffle

Which of your quilts is your favorite and why?I like the Bowtie quilts because they are easy. Also, Snow ball quilts.

What do you do with the quilts you make? Some I sell, but alot I give away to people in need

What is the oldest quilt in your collection? a picture quilt I made when my children were babies. It is missing a corner because our first dog chewed it off so I zigzagged the corner shut at a diagonal.

Do you belong to a guild, or attend workshops?I do not belong to a guild, but try to attend the Original Sewing and Quilting Expo in Minneapolis, MN every year.

Have you ever entered a quilt in a quilt-show or fair?some of my first quilts when I was a teenager, I did and won blue ribbons. Have not entered in the last couple of years because I am too busy when fair time rolls around.

Have you encouraged others to try quilting?Yes, and they tell me it is too hard. I tell them if you can sew a straight seam, you can quilt.

Why do you quilt? To gain some of my sanity back from my hubby and teenagers.