View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 02:42 PM
damaquilts

Originally Posted by Lisanne
Originally Posted by damaquilts
My doc just did blood tests and said I needed Vit D too.He called in a prescription but I can't afford to get it filled so I am just going to take OTC D I have already. Hopefully it will work as well.
Just realize that a prescription may be for 50,000 units and the OTC pill may only be 400 units. That's quite a difference, so don't expect anywhere near the same effect. Maybe you could take a couple of pills a day, at least.

As for not being able to afford it, some supermarket pharmacies are filling generics and such for only a small fee, $10 or less. It can't hurt to go in an ask the pharmacist if there's any way he can help you.
Well I should have said I can't afford it until I get my next check . That is more accurate. The Vit D I have is 2000 IU. each And he only wanted me to take on 50,000 a week. I don't do well on anything in a massive dose like that so I am just going to ration these through the week. I will have to take 4 a day but that is not a problem . I can break them up morning and afternoon. I have other things I take through out the day anyway. I will see if this does anything then if not get the prescription one.

I am one of those people that drugs should be tested on. If there is a weird side effect I can tell with in days of taking it sometimes hours. Very very sensitive.