View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Quiltgranny

Hi Everyone,

I just received my CT order today, and I must say I am quite pleased!! :thumbup:

I have to agree with another poster's comment (Eddie, maybe) that mentioned that the colors on their website are a bit different that what I'm seeing in person. Still, they're all beautiful. The Mirage (blenders) greens - I ordered 5 different greens, seem to run a bit darker than CT's shows on their websites. Granted, any of us could have a bit of color variance on our screens. The blues seemed close on some, others (I ordered 6) seem to be quite a different hue. The Strawberry was darker, the Tea Rose right on. I found the Mirage Antique much darker in person. Still, I am very pleased.

Their Batiks are absolutely gorgeous, have a nice silky hand to them, but their colors are a bit different in person, too. I understand though, that no two pieces are going to look exactly alike. I ordered several for a new handbag, and they will work wonderfully.

I only ordered two Solids; the Carrot was right on, the Marigold was a bit darker in person. All of the Mirage colors have their description stamped in the selvage like most other fabrics. I didn't see any stamps on the Solid selvages, but I only ordered 1/2 yard of two of them, so they might be stamped. All fabrics that I ordered did have a sticky tag adhered describing the fabric type, name and number.

I also ordered one of their Prairie Stacks, a package of 24 - 10" squares. They feel very nice, too.

I will get to try out their Customer Service department on Monday, as one fabric came with what appears to be several 1" ink marks or something similar on it. From what I've been hearing, I have complete confidence that this issue will be remedied. Oh, and I do plan to ask if other folks have mentioned fabric colors not running true. As we know though, this can happen with any shop, so if it is something they can fix on their end, I imagine they will.

Again, I am very happy with the fabrics I've received, and I do plan to wash them up before using them, so I may have more to report on the "after-wash" later. :D This will be my first experience working with any of CT's fabrics.

Karla