Old 08-21-2010, 06:30 PM
sueisallaboutquilts
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
I ran errands today and also picked up a new rotary cutter Friskars Comfort grip $15.97 at the local Walmart. Not till I was home did I notice that one edge of the plastic form fitted package (the hinge part) was cut open. I was a little distressed and tried to get the cutter out through just that opening. No problem, I could easily remove the rotary cutter and slip it back in through the opening. I examined it and looked if it had been used. There was no lint or anything on it and it did not show wear. Now the test. I tried to cut some quilting quality fabric. Nothing! It did not cut anything. I pushed and went back and forth. Still no cut fabric at all. It appears to me that some one bought this cutter, took it home, cut the hing part off the plastic mold around the cutter, slipped the cutter out and switched blades, then brought it back to the store. Ugh!!!!! Lets hope it is not a quilter. I thought as a whole we were pretty nice and decent people. I also think this person has been doing it more often because I was trying to buy a rotary cutter months ago at another Walmart close to my home but there was but one cutter and I noticed it was open in the same area. I did not buy it and left it. Sick! Just be on the look out quilters and check before you buy.
You've got be be kidding! Now I've heard everything!! :(