View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 08:17 PM
JoanneS

Originally Posted by RuthysRaggs
Originally Posted by JoanneS
This has been a GREAT thread. I'm eager to start cutting out my next quilt! I've finally finished all my other projects, and I get to do something for MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
WOW! All projects finished! I won't live that long. :-D
I was beginning to think I wouldn't live that long either. The older I get, the slower I get LOL

Sadly, they were not new quilting projects. One was mending a lap quilt that I originally made for my son in '97. One DGS has nearly loved it to death. Every piece in the quilt is a diamond - a pain in the butt to mend. I still had some of the original fabrics , so I embroidered his fav animal, elephants, on some of diamonds, inserted them in the hopelessly worn-out areas, hand embroidered over some of the less-hopelessly worn areas, and I re-hand quilted most of it. I haven't HAND quilted for years, so this was truly done for love of Henry - and it took a lot more time than I expected.

The other project was sewing dresses (yes DRESSES) for my college-bound DGD. She loves dresses - looks great in them - 5'10" - long and slim waisted, so she can NEVER find anything that fits in stores. My dressmaking skills were pretty rusty, so the dresses took a lot more time than I expected, too. But I have the altered patterns, so now I can easily make more dresses.