Thread: wide fleece
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 08:27 PM
wildyard

Originally Posted by ckcowl
you may want to run a zigzag stitch around the edge before washing it, fleece can fray on the edge, just like minkee (which is also a fleece)
why are you going to wash it first? it does not shrink, the colors do not bleed, and unless it is very very thin i would think there would be no reason to wash it before using it, you will want to wash the other fabrics because ... polyester doesn't shrink but cottons do; but if you use them together when they get washed they fluff and get really really soft.
LOL... well I wanted to wash it first because I just didn't trust that good of a deal. Also, I didn't realize that the colors do not bleed and I didn't know if it might have some flaw that would show up in the washing of it.. perhaps thin spots that might fray or something.
However, it's not thin at all and after washing it's as good as before and not one bit of fraying edges or anything. Almost all of the other fabrics are recycled clothing so have already been washed, any that are new, will be washed before I use them. Thanks for the reminder!!
This appears to be something they plan to have around at least for a while so good luck to others in finding a store near you! Oh and by the way, I measured and it is 62" wide.