View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 10:45 PM
sew cornie

Originally Posted by pookie ookie
Had a bunch of paramedics and firefighters in my house yesterday. One of them took an interest in the book and the blocks. Couldn't tell if he was disgusted or fascinated. It's a fine line in some people. I won't hold my breath waiting for him to show up here.

I love the florals everyone's using. HONCHEY, what fabrics are you using? For that matter, I'd love to know about everyone's fabrics.
You make me laugh. Do you regularly host EMT's and firefighters?? Get them interested enough and they could join the quilt-along too. LOL.

Like you, I'm also enjoying seeing the fabrics everyone's using. My Christmas ones were an easy choice for me:
1. I'd already committed to myself to only use stash fabrics for all future quilts until no longer possible, with the exception of borders, backings, and IRR/block swaps. I should get a couple of years out of this commitment. Not because my stash is large. Because I'm really slow.
2. I have 13 1/2 yds. of this fabric line in FQ packs that I bought last year. Adored the fabric. Had no plan. In the name of budget control, I rarely shop this way, but when they went on clearance . . . well, couldn't pass them up. Now I'm really enjoying playing with them.
3. In 20 years of quilting, I've never made a quilt for my own bed. Now I'm making 2 at the same time! This one and an everyday one I began a few months ago. I've always wanted to have a Christmas quilt for each bed in the house and this will be the first in reaching that goal.
4. I lack the confidence that I can pull off an unplanned scrappie. Thus the limited color pallette and fabric choices.

One of my favorite things about the FWSQ is making the 6" blocks. It's a really nice change from the 12" blocks that I made so many of for block swaps over the past year. But the very best part of this is seeing all the pictures!! Keep them coming everyone!