View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 03:52 AM
Gramakitten

Lets get to know each other better. How long have you been quilting? What are your favorite fabrics? Do you belong to a guild? Small group? Applique, paperpiecing? Who do you make your quilts for? How many projects do you have going right now?
What is your husbands name? Do you Use quilt shop fabric? Do you teach quilting?

I will start. I have been quilting for 30 years. I love civil war, and thirties fabrics. Any two color quilt combination. I do belong to a guild, in fact I am the president of our guild. (Be prepared to hear me rant) I probably have 5 projects that I am working on right now. I am getting a quilt cut out for my granddaughter that graduates this spring. She has been a member of our guild since she was 6. I am having them make blocks for her in her school colors. I am working on a snowman embroidery quilt. The FWQ blocks that is on this board. An Anvil quilt in lavendar/cream flannel. Plus 3 block/row robins on the board.

I am also in a small group that includes my daughter and my daughter-in-law. I make quilts for myself and my family. I love applique and piecing.
My husbands name is Don and I use quilt shop fabric. I teach the block of the month at our LQS and have for 10 years. That is about it for me. I have 4 children and 8 grandchildren. My three gd live close. Don's grandchildren all live far away. We have a home in florida that we dont get to often enough and a cottage on a river in michigan. Now tell me about you. Kathi