Old 08-22-2010, 03:52 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by granniebj
I'm starting to wonder. They seem to need a hundred tests, and still don't know whats wrong! Don't get me wrong. I love my doctor! Shes patient and kind. Its just that I don't have insurance, and now I'm in debt beyond belief! It started when I was 45 and had my first heart attack (without insurance). I did have insurance when I had a triple by pass, but it was amazing how much they didn't cover. I've had several major surgeries since then, all without insurance! Guess I'm just alittle depressed because it never seems to end. Now I'm dealing with all this pain from a sciatic nerve, and needing more tests (MRI). Hubby fell off a semi and hurt his back, and I'm almost resentful that workmans comp pays all his medical bills! Hes brought up the subject of how much this MRI is gonna cost. I know he prefers that I don't have it done, but I'm just tired of the pain! I once gave up all my meds because of his remarks about how much they were costing us...big mistake!
Thanks everyone. Guess I just needed to vent!
I have had sciatica since my middle son was born 44 years ago when the nurse gave me an intramuscular shot for the childbirth and it hit my sciatic nerve. I now know what I can and cannot do. I can't sit too long in one position or my toes go numb on that side. I have had x-rays & mri's, but they show nothing, of course. Nerve damage won't show. The doctor says there is no arthritis there and no tumor. So now I just suffer, sometimes worse than others. One thing I have learned, I have to keep moving. If I carry a child it is always right in the front with his legs straddling me. I can't be off balance. And when I sew I make sure I am getting up and moving around the room instead of just sitting in one spot for long periods. Good luck with your health issues; they are a "pain". :lol: :lol: Keep smiling!