View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 10:26 AM
klgreene

Originally Posted by klgreene
I made a quilt for my DDIL, sent it out to be longarm quilted, it came back and I loved it. But the lady took a long time to get it back to me. I know why now. She is probably the only longarm quilter in the area. That was the first time I had sent something out. So I made quilts for my DGD's, used someone different. The first one came back....and I am not happy with the quilting. At least, not the amount of quilting. In a 12 inch square there are three squiggled lines. This is for a little 10 year old who isn't going to just lay it on the bed, she'll use it.....
Question, do you think I should quilt around the large square then, around all the background white fabric, or all the squares....help, please...
I have finished my DGD's quilt. I decided to SID around all the 12 inch squares, then around the 4 cards, and down the green sashing. This holds it together nicely, and you can't see the SID very well that I did. I wouldn't say this is my best quilt, but at least by the time she redoes her bedroom, I may know how to machine quilt much better than just SID. So, I'm attaching the Quilt, quilt back and the little quilt is a coordinating quilt for her American Girl Doll. I've had fun and I know she'll love it.

Thank you all for your ideas and help with this. I did try to do the heart idea, but my machine stitches much differently than hers does. And I left the waves in it so it isn't all just straight stitching.

Front
[ATTACH=CONFIG]101939[/ATTACH]

Doll Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]101941[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-101934.jpe   attachment-101935.jpe   attachment-101936.jpe