Old 08-22-2010, 10:50 AM
candi

I read the article in the magazine, and read parts of this thread, and I can see that the issue on hand may be confusing at so many levels. The part that confuses me the most though and I hope someone may be able to shed some light for me, is that the article states that one can't publicly display a cpyrighted quilt without the designer permission, does that mean that on this very board we are all violating the copyright rules (myself included)?

To be sure, I always give credit to the designer when I post a photo of their design, but I never seeked their permission to post a photo on this site, never thought I needed to really, afterall,all of these designers have photos of these quilts/patterns on their websites and you don't need anything other than Internet access to view them.

On another note, I came across one of Kaffe Fasset's books all displayed on Google Readers for free, every page of it, including all the instructions. I just e-mailed the designer to inform him about that.

Dorothy Ann, "What a Beautiful Morning" is truly a beautiful quilt that went on my list of quilts to make, as I am just learning to applique.