Old 08-01-2008, 09:16 AM
ShellyQ

Hi Ruth: Download the file that is called cutting and sewing directions for 6" & 3", that'll be the one you want it has the directions for ordinary piecing, the others are just options for variations in method or colouring. You can make both sizes by regular piecing, the 3" did get a little fiddly but is very do-able as long as you are careful about accurate cutting. But I'd probably start with the 6" to see how it goes

Hi Jerrie:I bet you'll do fine, it probably would have been helpful if I'd put a pic on this thread, but have put pics on the photo thread, here it is http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/9710.page I find it way easier to make something if I can see a pic of the finished thing. I'd luv to see a pic of your finished block when you're done :P

Hi Loretta: No need for that, both these sizes can be made using regular piecing. I used regular piecing to make mine. I just added the Foundation Piecing patts as an option for anyone who would like them. Sometimes it is easier to piece things using that method especially in the smaller sizes. I actually thought this would be quite nice drawn up in a 2" unit, to make a 4" block for those quilts y'all are making :wink:

Hope y'all have fun making this, I hope I made a good choice, I tried to pick a block that was easy to sew yet looked like it was more complicated, my kinda block :lol: one that looks like I've put way more effort into, than I really have :wink: