Thread: Wings "Block"
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 05:20 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by scrappylouisa
Beautiful block.......but it also looks like a waste of fabric to me. I've always been frugal with my fabric and lay out my templates to save fabric.
Well I am working on trying to figure out how to do it with the least amount of waste. But sometimes you have to concentrate on the gains and not the loss. I recycle all leftovers so there is no waste. I pull apart the leftovers and sew them together again for another block. I make half square triangles out of them if they won't make the block I am working on. You can use the leftovers for a crumbs block. I never throw anything away but threads.

The gains are the intricate look with easy steps. So it is a matter of priorities. I wouldn't be able to do the Quilt Blocks I have designed with this block any other way.

These methods are for saving time and being easy enough for beginners to do. So to me the benefits are more important than saving a little fabric.

But I am aware of the frugal quilter and have done some trial and error on using the least amt of fabric to make these. I will post that when I have all the details ironed out.