Old 08-23-2010, 05:38 AM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Ok you guys in the know, I just purchased from e-bay some 127X1 needles for my Singer 9W! The ad read 2 127X1 E HH NOS Vintage Sewing Machine Needles 14 CLOS. The guy says he purchased them 30 years ago and they are made in Holland. They are expensive, so I hope I bought something I can use on my Singer 9W??????????

Nancy
Billy or Charlee (I think) you guys are the experts. I just got an e-mail from the guy that I am purchasing the needles from and he is not sure what machine they work on?

Billy, I know you are going to figure out what needles we can use if we can't get the 127X1 for the Singer 9W, but you also said that we may have to recalibrate the timing or something? I thought if I could find some of the actual needles that would be good -- do you know anything about the ones I just purchased? I am paying 10.99 a piece for the needles and I got 5 of them coming. If I need to stop this purchase, I need to let the e-bay seller know asap.

Thank you as always! I love my Singer 9W and really want to use it to make a quilt!

Nancy
You don't have to retime the machine just time the needle in the holder. The correct needle has the flat spot on them and its a no brainer putting one in. The industrial needles are round shank and you have to make sure that the needle is sitting in the needlebar correctly before taking off and sewing. If your not careful you can hurt the hook assembly and then your looking for a parts machine.

But I think I have found a supplier for the needles and I will sell packs of 10 for around $8 to $10 a pack.

Billy