Old 08-23-2010, 05:43 AM
retired2pa

Just recently my neighbor brought me a pair of her son's jeans (he's 35 and doesn't even live at home!!!) that he ripped at work and wanted me to mend them. Not that I'm not willing to help my neighbors but I thought this was a little "nervy", if you know what I mean. I reluctantly did them and I doubt her son will wear them because the rip was quite extensive but I did the best I could. I guess I expected at least a "thank you" from him but nothing. Then my SIL emailed me (not even a call!!) and wanted to know if I could make her 2 granddaughters a couple wall hangings for Christmas. Again, I don't mind helping family but she has a sewing machine and knows how to sew and she knows we're going to CA in Nov. to see our kids and grandkids and I'm in the middle of making 6 quilt projects for them! I emailed her back and told her if she got the fabric, batting, and thread I'd do it. Well, I haven't heard back from her so I'm probably in the dog house...LOL Sorry but my family comes first :)