Old 08-23-2010, 07:40 AM
angieh1964

Originally Posted by Feather3
My coupon was 50% off. Not much I needed, so I decided to buy quilt backing. I found the 108" in the beige print. Wasn't a whole bolt, but I assumed close to maybe 8 yards left. So I go to have it measured & it ended up being 2 pieces. First piece was 5 1/2 yards & the 2nd was just under 3 yards. The store clerk said she'd let me have both pieces as one cut & I could use my coupon. I mostly do large quilts & prefer my backing to be at least 3 1/2 yards. There were 2 other partial bolts of the same fabric on the shelf & I asked her if I could try another & see if any measured out to the 3 1/2 yards & swap that for the 3 yard piece. Long story short she did. So I got enough backing to do at least 2 quilts & have some left for smaller projects for the Grand Daughters.

I also agree that too many items are marked on sale so you can't use your coupons.

Another thing that makes me go GRRR was last years Black Friday sales....they had better prices after Black Friday & many of us bought large ticket items, only to find they were on sale for a lot less a few weeks later. The year before Black Friday sales were great. I made out like a bandit. It'll be interesting to see what they do this year.
watch out when they do that putting 2 cuts as one if you need to return for any reason they will tell you it is not on your recpt and refuse it they are not supposed to do that it is supposed to be listed as each item i would have made her open the new bolt and cut ur full amount off that i know this first hand as one time they printed a slip with 1200 (!)yards of a fab and then fixed it at reg and then would not return because they rang it up wrong i do notice they seem to be a little more friendly to customers since i complained to the district manager who by the way gave me her cell number if i had any other problems i dont think she was aware the way customers were being treated. so now i just call home office if i dont get the respect i deserve at a store whether it be joannes or anywhere i worked retail for 20+ years and was always taught in retail the customer is the reason you are there they pay your salary!