Old 08-23-2010, 08:02 AM
BKrenning

Originally Posted by raptureready
I don't have any problems with the Joann's here. So, next time you're near Neil St. in Champaign, Il., stop in and see them.
I feel very lucky every time one of the "bad Joann's" threads comes up. I live in an area where there are 6 Joann's within a 50 mile radius. The closest to me is the smallest unfortunately but when I need a quilt backing, thread, needles or batting it's very handy. There aren't really any unfriendly stores but some of them have unfriendly employees and have had very unfriendly store managers at a few over the years. They usually don't last too long, though.

I have never had a problem at any of them with the coupons, though. The coupons all clearly state on them which products they can't be used on and if I have a 50% or 40% off coupon and want to buy an item that is on a 30% off sale, I clearly state that when I get to the cutting table if it's fabric and again at the register whether it is fabric or not. You have to tell the cutting people before they scan it or it will screw up their inventory. At one point, the scanners only spit out the yardage with the item number & the cash register figured out the price but I think the fabric scanners have all been upgraded now to do yards & prices because they started asking at the cutting table which fabric you were using which coupon on at some of the stores a couple years ago.

If the day has come where they aren't able to over-ride the prices in the computer all ready, (Walmart & Kmart seem to have reached that point) then I can see why they can't ring up sale stuff at full price just for us to use the coupon. I haven't bought much in the last 2 years because I've been using up stash but I can see how/why this might have happened.