Thread: this is me
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 12:56 PM
quilterscorner

I'm finally getting around to introducing myself, although I just joined a little while ago but since then I've had company, company and more company-I think they plan to leave soon----------
I am living in the middle of Iowa which has been a real challenge this year, we just finished one of the worse winters I can remember and then get this horrible summer. I'd move in a minute if it wasn't for the fact that we farm and can't take the farmland with us! I've been quilting earnestly for about 20 years. I owned a small quilt shop for about 7 but closed it when our farming situation changed and I was needed on a tractor. Our 4 children are grown. The 3 oldest (daughters) are married and we now have 3 granddaughters. Our son lives close by and helps on the farm as much as his college classes allow.
I have a large garden and do as much canning & freezing as I can though there isn't much this year with all the rain. I love to read and try to set aside time every day to do that. Quilting is my true love-without it I'd be very boring and cranky