Old 08-23-2010, 01:32 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Okay just to set the record straight this thread is for everyone that loves the old Vintage Sewing Machines! :D :D :D

There were so many makers of sewing machines during the Patent wars that you can not fathom the amount. I would guess it was around 150 or so maybe more during that time. A lot of badged machines were being done then also.

But Issac Singer built an empire and his machines damn near dominated the world for years until the Japanese finally got their foot in the door after the war. That is why you see so many Singers on this thread. Millions of them were being pumped out of the factories a year even in the late 1800's.

But we have some rather rare machines buried in this thread and the first one that pops into my mind is the American treadle and then the Minnesota that I want to marry in the parlor cabinet. toss in a certain White with the super rare cabinet that is in someones avatar........ :roll: :-D and a few F&R's, W&G's, W&W's.......

Can you see where this is going......:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And where else can you come in and pull up a stool and hang out drinking the laced coffee (at least that what I hear) and eat all of these wonderful deserts!! Which reminds me I sure miss having the Lemon Bars........... :(

So dont ever forget that everyone in here is family and we all love our vintage machines no matter who makes them!!

Billy
Great post Billy!

Nancy