View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 03:02 PM
Pat G

Originally Posted by Ada Shiela
Pat, you're neither dumb or persistent, but quite normal. Determination always wins, even though it takes us a while to catch on to what we might be doing wrongly, eventually we get it right.

Just noticed you've been using hot glue for attaching flowers which would contribute to thickness if you go over the lines!!

My Brother 4000D machine tells me when I haven't put presser foot down and will not sew until I've done that.

Love your avatar and the bouquet is bright and beautiful.

I'm so sorry but you are confusing two different projects. My FMQ was on a 10" pad. I came across the pattern recently which made coasters. I enlarged it to make a hot mat. This mat had a layer of Insul Brite along with sev. layers of fabric so that contributed to the thickness which ended up being my problem. This problem didn't occur on the flower basket. I have worked on another pc. since & had no prob. Boy, did I feel dumb but so many of you said that was too many layers.

I wish my machine gave me signals when things were not right. For instance I was making a curtain for my laundry rm. door window today & I ran out of bobbin thread. I hate that since you get thru a whole line of stitching with no thread.

I hear all of you talking about the features your machines have so I'll know what to look for if & when I update my mach. It cost so much, that isn't likely to be soon.