View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 04:12 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Hello!!!

Hey you found a really nice Singer 66 and I have always liked that decal pattern. First we need to see what year it is from the serial number and that will help me be able to see how many of those were allotted and where it was in the allotment.

As far as the price I would always try to talk them down since there are millions of 66's out there to be had. The cabinet is a really nice one, I like how the front open to get to the machine. I see the accessories and looks to have several bobbins and the lampshade is the silver thingy beside the bobbins in their case.

This machine has the back tack feature and is a very handy thing to have as we all know. The feed dogs will not drop on the machine to FMQ but you can find the reproduction darning plates for around $10 and use that to cover the feed dogs. I think it is worth the money for sure and if you see it and fall in love with it then go for it!!

Before you get to far into using the machine make sure to check the wiring and if it needs rewiring then take that into the price and talk them down even more. You do not need to be electrocuted. If you need the machine serviced I can handle that along with the rewiring if you feel uncomfortable about doing it yourself.

But the machine looks to be in wonderful condition and I say lets go get it!!!

Billy