View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 07:45 PM
sherriequilts

Originally Posted by Pat G
Originally Posted by nativetexan
please tell me you have a cover plate with a large hole area and not a small one for only straight stitching!!
and you need a darning foot (one with a spring on the shaft).
This is what I thought for a long time. I finally found my problem. You won't believe it. It had nothing to do with my machine (Viking) or needles or anything like that. It was the piece I was working with. It's one of those pads where you fold ea. pc. in half then lay them criss crossed on ea. other. Then you turn it inside out. It was TOO thick. It has I think 6 layers & my needles just did not like that much thickness.

I started to work with a 3 layer pc. & it worked just fine. I even got my wallhanging done. Here is a pix without the binding. Just don't look closely at my pattern though. Or lack of one. LOL I should have done what some of you suggested & put it down for today but I was so determined since I gave myself permission to spend the day at my mach.
So that is so pretty! Glad you found the problem. Guess I should read more of the responses before I kick in with my ideas in the future. You are very creative and artistic. :)