View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 12:48 AM
patricej
Administrator

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
From a few weeks of "lurking" I have seen the same questions asked over and over again. Is it possible to have just one section like a FAQ section that can be updated for newbies? Just a question from a newbie :) not that there is anything wrong with asking sometimes for me it would be a great assest for newbies and oldies to go to for help on freqently asked questions.
that might work ... except ...

many people would not take the time to read through an FAQ topic before posting their question anew.

many people would not take the time to search through an FAQ section before posting their question anew.

developing and maintaining an FAQ topic or section would take a lot of work up front and forevermore. are you volunteering?

i'm not trying to criticize or poke fun. cross my heart. it's a logical suggestion. it's worth a try if we get one or more volunteers to help set up and maintain it. setup would involve doing a thorough search through the whole board to develop a list of questions already asked and all the answers already provided. maintenance would include tracking the frequency of new questions & answers to determine whether or not they should be added. it would also involve indentifying new answers to old questions.