Old 08-24-2010, 01:13 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Not a prob Lesley...I'm trying to get a bit ahead because I have a bunch of fall chores coming up that will take up my time....also because I'm so excited about them..I just can't stop!!

Also...I have a question....or I can go back to your instructions on how to cut the batting etc. to start the QAYG on my blocks...but did you just hold these in your hand...surely you didn't hoop these.did you???? I'm going to try to work through the hand applique ones, then start doing some quilting- you know something for in front of the tube at night. :wink:
In my case Elle, you can definitely get Ferry Lag!
Patti, I just cut my batting about half an inch bigger all round, and held the block in my hand, it was a doddle in front of the TV - I was getting up to 7 done in an evening, depending on the block of course. Some times I only did 3 or 4, but even at that rate, they pile up very nicely.
As for cutting the batting, I tried doing it with a rotary cutter, but that made a mess with my cutting board, and I discovered that Warm and Natural can be cut up to four layers thick with just dressmaking scissors! Saved me having to clean up all the fuzz on my board.