Old 08-24-2010, 02:11 AM
plainpat

Beautiful wreath !

Originally Posted by Tudey
Originally Posted by justme2
Had always admired log cabin quilts.So after getting my feet wet by piecing a couple tops,it was time to make my fav.
A mag article saying log cabin quilts were soooo easy & great for beginners was all it took.
Knowing nothing about fabric grain,squaring blocks or using a quarter inch seam...a straight seam, you can imagine the results.
It was a few yrs & a few quilts later before I stopped admiring long enough to admit what a wonky quilt it was.

That was 20 yrs ago & I've never had the nerve to make another LC:-)
I did a log cabin early on in my quilting (ok I have only been quilting 9 years) but then I tried one I found in a McCalls quilting magazine. It took a total of 1072 strips, and it scared the life outta me trying it. But it turned out so well that I did a second one and now I think I might like to do another!
One pattern that almost made me quit before I started was the first pieced quilt I ever made----a bargello heart! I nearly gave up a dozen or more times and oh how I cried! But as you can see from the photo, it turned out ok. A few years later I made my second bargello heart and couldn't imagine why I thought it was hard the first time!