Old 08-24-2010, 06:28 AM
trupeach1
Banned

I am in the middle of making one for my BBF. Her mom passed away in July and she is taking it very hard. When I offered to make her a quilt she cried, She said "I didn't know you could make a quilt with clothes?" With BBF not being a quilter or sewer ( I don't think she even owns a needle and thread) the cloths she sent me are really not quiltable fabric. A heavy terrycloth robe and nylon night gowns which slip all over. On top of that she didn't send me nearly enough. I bought a beautiful panel Psalm 23 and I am making pinwheels with the usable fabric as a border. The neck line of the night gowns, th had embroidery so I cut off the embroidery and will applique that on to solid fabric. Included was a knit top with embriodery and a few other knits. I have made those into a pillow for her DD and a blue nightgown with lace into a wedding garter for her DD also.
I started by cutting off the arms and legs, then opened all the seams. I then measured what would be a nice size sq and cut the fabric into sq. I saved all the scraps just in case, in case of what I don't know. I really didn't want to use a panel but I had no choice and I am sure she will love the quilt.

Just dive right in it will be beautiful.