Thread: 1924 singer..
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 09:32 AM
QBeth

Originally Posted by colleen53
everytime i look at hubby he is at that darn machine.. and when i see him on his computer he is looking at more machines !! have i started an addiction !!! I HOPE SO !!
Add my Bob to the list of addicted ones! Ever since I bought my Singer hand-crank (1951), he's been fascinated with this whole "antique/old" sewing machine thing!

A couple of months back, he found a 1921 Singer (needs work) for $10 at a yard sale. I told him about Billy's tutorial and he's going to use it during the restoration process this winter. (Thanks, Billie!!) So, I'm thinking, where he now has his own machine, he can brag about it! :)

Okay, so last weekend, we go to a antique sewing machine exhibit/show that turned out to be more of a gathering of owners to sew pillow cases. On a side table are items for sale. I'm still saying hello to the show coordinater when, out of the corner of my eye, I see Bob heading out the door with an old Singer under each arm! What the??? He was like a kid in a candy store, running off with a bag of goodies!

I haven't looked up their bio yet so I don't have details other than they are in really bad shape. At $1 each, I'd have guessed that. He bought them thinking he can salvage parts from them to revamp his first machine. To my eye, one looks like it could also be salvaged so I offered to work on that one. This will be our joint winter projects.