View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 01:34 PM
fryguymoore

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie
I'm having a big problem, I need someone who is familiar with Quilt Assistant to help me.

I drew the block for Bat Wings into Quilt Assistant. Now I have a great looking replica of the block. When I go to Print, I click on Paper Piecing.

First problem: In the drop down block next to Print: it says "All 4 Shapes" and there is no other option. In the design mode, I have clicked on each separate shape and it has shown an outline of that full shape, so there should be 9 shapes.

Second problem: I click on full preview and it comes up with a page of assorted diagonal, vertical and horizontal lines that are all part of the block, but none of them are connected. They're not in the right space (they don't look like my block).

Argghhh! :evil: What is going on? What did I do wrong? And how do I fix it?????

If this helps at all, I have twitchy fingers. While I'm trying to get to the spot to start a line on the edge of the square (because I used Honchey's measurements to know where to draw the lines) I sometimes twitch and click the right or left button. Would that affect how the block is perceived?)
Where is says, "4 shapes," is under paper piecing. There should actually be only 3 PP shapes but for some reason the program is putting one of the shapes separate :thumbdown:

Here is how you fix that. Remove the coorect line and draw a line like this [ignore the big purple blob]
[IMG]http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...uy/thisone.jpg[/IMG]

Draw you correct line again like this,
[IMG]http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...uy/thisone.jpg[/IMG]

Now, remove the wrong line. Now when you hit PP full preview it should say 3 pieces. This is what you need to print because Bat Wings has to be made in 3 parts and then be sewn together.

As for the second problem, I am not sure what you mean. You may want to try checking all the boxes on the "Templates" page and see if that helps.

Good Luck!

I edited this so that the pictures have a big purple blob over them and the lines are not true, I hope this is not a copyright infringment as that is most certainly not my intent.