Old 08-24-2010, 01:52 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
(repeat)Looked at a really old White treadle yesterday. Would take alot of work but all the pieces are there and it's in it's cabinet. They are asking $100.00, is it worth it. sorry, no pics.
I have 3 very nice treadles that I paid $50 a piece for and they were originally advertised for $150 a piece. The didn't sell for the $150 so they lowered the price and I bought them! Here in the antique stores, the treadles are listed for much much more. It all depends on how bad you want that machine -- I'd offer less and see where it goes. I bought a Singer 1901 treadle a couple weeks ago for $5. The guy had it listed on Craigslist for $100, but the cabinet was broken, missing the middle drawer, and the machine had 60 years of dirt and rust on it from living in a barn. I told the guy his machine was once very pretty, but because the decals were silver, the cabinet was a mess, it was not worth what he was asking. He let me have it for $5 just to keep from having to haul it off.

So, there are no set rules here. You can offer less and see how bad they want to sell the machine. Treadles around her are usually right around $100.

Nancy