View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 04:57 PM
Bubblegum0077

This may sound like I am wasting my scraps (I mean the tinniest weiniest of pieces, sometimes smaller than a 1/4" corner), but I am filling up a plastic bag and planning to make a doggie bed for my Lhasa puppy. He is usually at my feet or by my side when I am quilting, so I thought I would make him something special and easy to throw in the washer when needed. I can't believe how much of this scrap stuff I tossed before I got this brain fart to keep it for a doggie bed.

OMG, my Lhasa puppy Sammy put a 3x3" hole in the corner of my heavy, winter quilt that is on my bed and pulled out the stuffing. I was lying down with elevated blood pressure and he got the idea to tear it (clean cut). Bad, bad doggy, but after looking into his big brown eyes I couldn't stay mad at him for long. I guess I will needle and thread it and mark this scar as a short story every time I see it.

Good thing he's not destructive, or he would have a field day at my bookcase with all my quilting things on it. Now that I think about it, I know why he did that. When I first brought him home he didn't bother chewing anything, but once I gave him a chew bone he started on shoes too. Took the bones away and it stopped. My granddaughter took out some of his chew toys and it started over again. Hopefully it won't happen again.