View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 07:10 PM
cbridges22

About me.Yes I love applique Kathi,I just am not good at it.
I am married to Tom and we will celebrate our 27th Anniversary in Dec.We have 2 children Canan-30 who has 2 more years of residency at OSU and Maghen-25 who is in banking.We have 3 g-children Xavier-10,Rayven-8,Gideon-6.I am a self taught quilter and not by choice.My mother and g-mother were wonderful quilters but while they were alive I was never interested in learning but loved there work,after they died my husband bought me a sewing machine he thought I would like to learn to sew(not)so when my daughter became pregnant I decided to make her a baby quilt and that was 8 years ago.My first quilt was snails trail and I almost gave up after that,I have never quilted it but still have it.My next was Oklahoma twister and I did it in polyester,didn't know I was suppose to use cotton.I lived in Colorado a few miles from Ricky Tims studio and gallery and became interested in quilts that have dimension and movement and fell in love with batik fabric.I love bargello quilts and Tom and I did one together. I have just started paper piecing and enjoy the exactness of it.I have 2 Christmas quilts going,a Christmas stocking and a few UFO's.
I am a home health RN and have been for 27 years.I am originally from Mississippi,lived there till I was 8,moved to Dallas,Tx. till I was grown then moved to far North East Texas where we raised our kids.We moved to southern Co. 1996 and lived there for 10 years.We came to OR. at our sons request as he was given a full scholarship and wanted the family to stay close together.We are hoping to retire to the gulf coast in 12 years.I am 53 and very involved in City government,I am on city council,and on the board of CCT,which is a community theater.I act,direct,stage manage and do anything else they need help with.I am a avid gardener and camping and kayaking are my other loves.I have a strong faith and quilting is suppose to be relaxing but so far it seems to cause tension.I don't belong to a guild and don't know other quilters.I buy most my fabric at myLQS but fabric stores also.Don't think I left out anything.I am so looking forward to this even though it causes me great stress.I will never get better at quilting if I don't push.The part of quilting I hate is the quilting part but love to piece. Cindy