View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 06:08 AM
stefanib123

Originally Posted by dean's wife
Your story almost made me cry. I would have loved for my mom to get me started. She knew how to so but was a very poor teacher. Even when I was in 4th grade she would have sooner slapped me across the face. I learned to sew when I went to high school. Those days all girls had to take home economics. I learned fast and have been sewing ever since.

Now I have several machines. My favorite is my Bernina. It's also an embroidery machine.

I had to teach my self to quilt and it has turned into nothing but love for me. I love to retreat to my sewing room sometimes I just sit and look at my fabric and go though some books or magazines. I was lucky enough to get some of my older sister's fabric and books when she passed away at the age of 63. I feel so close to her when I'm in there and my learning is getting better and I know it's because she is with me.

Just felt the need to vent.

Good evening to all.
dean's wife a.k.a. Karol
And YOUR story almost made ME cry! I'm sorry your mother was like that.

I'm glad you have your quilting now. Especially with the memories of your sister. Maybe those memories can outweigh the bad ones of your mother?