Old 08-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Jim's Gem

Truthfully, If I have a certain quilt in mind for a gift or whatever I will buy whatever fabrics call my name for that project, regardless of price (for the most part). If I am going to pay full price for fabrics it will only be for specific quilts or if I really really fall in love with it.
That said, the fabrics that I just buy cause I like and want to add to my stash will almost always be on some sort of sale. I am a sucker for half off sales. My local shop will have a 25 to 33% sale just about every 6 weeks so most of the time I wait for one of their sales.
Yesterday I went over there because I have a quilt I need to make for a wedding gift and I bought my focus fabric which will be used in the border as well and one coordinating fabric, full price. It was 10 something a yard, maybe $10.49. I will then try to pull as many other fabrics from my stash that will coordinate/contrast with these two. I never pay full price for my backing fabrics.

I would prefer the blenders to be lower prices. I am more will ing to pay a slight bit more for my focus fabrics than for any blenders.