View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 12:08 PM
DiannaLynn

Hi, my name is DiannaLynn. I'm extremely new at quilting, but I've been learining from the two older ladies that live next to me. They are both very picky and I'm glad. They just told me to make a double fold binding strip, all strips joined together with a 45degree seam. Then for mitered corners, stop a distance equal to my seam allowance, from the corner, backstitch a couple of stitches, take quilt out of machine, cut threads, fold my mitered corner so my binding edge is even to the raw edge of my next side, start stitching right where I left off. As for the joining of the end to the beginning, I overlap, mark where they overlap at an opposite 45 degree angle, cut with seam allowance, sew the two ends together, sew to quilt. Then I sew the binding to the back of the quilt by hand. I only know the way I was taught, but I like it. As a matter of fact, after piecing my blocks together, binding is my favorite part. Maybe because I know that pretty soon I can start on another one!!!! Thank you guys for being here, I'm always using this site for help!!