View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 07:03 PM
Gerbie

Originally Posted by quilting.addict
So, I read your post and cleaned out my trash can!! I created 25 blocks and will sash them. I am donating it to our guild's service project of "just for You" quilts that go to our children's hospitals in Atlanta. I will get every usable scrap into a quilt from now on!!
Good for you Jeannie, quilt looks lovely and I know will go to good use. Congratulations Way to Go gal! Just think folks how many children and older folks at Hosp. and Nursing Homes or whatever could use these scrappy quilts when we dig through trash cans. Maybe we could all make a block a day of what we have then keep on until we have enough for some type of quilt. Another excellant choice for receipents would be send some to our service personnel. We all have so many projects and other things going, but one block could lead to another and another, and all across this great world we could help others. Not just in the US, but we have quilters on here from France, Australia, England, Canada, and Russia, I don't mean to leave anyone out, but these are some of the countries with quilters that I have read their posts. Just a few thoughts thrown out, what do yall think. Gerbie.