Old 08-26-2010, 06:51 AM
oldswimmer

Ok...You many know that I am an antiquer and love vintage fabrics. I used to have a small antique mall and I went to every auction I could... always looking for vintage fabric and notions. I also ended up bidding against a lady & her husband who now make their living by buying estates. They go in and make a bid on everything in the house after the family has taken what they want. So she calls me last Saturday and tells me that she has just bought two estates that had alot of fabric and says I should come look. They have a second hand store that is only open on Saturdays and it is where they sell all the estate items. I went to look and
OH MY GOSH..... this is what I bought! All of this is 35-36" wide vintage fabric. I was just giddy!!!!!!!!!

Bear with me, I have alot of pictures! Im going to post more than the original three pics, so come back to look if there is not more than three when you view this.

some great old florals!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104472[/ATTACH]

Beautiful ombre daisy!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104625[/ATTACH]

left is a beautiful asain dragon print, has 39 cent price tag still on it from "Newberrys" store, and a raggedy ann & andy border print with 59 cent tag from "Totem Dept. store", right is a large piece of bark cloth like fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104628[/ATTACH]

The piece in the upper right is a blue and orange paisley.....love it!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104675[/ATTACH]

The great pinks and reds!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104676[/ATTACH]

Ok, just to be fair... I did buy something besides fabric... a great bird book with illustrations that are exactly 8 X 10...Can you guess what I am going to do with these? I am doing a bedroom in all vintage items.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104680[/ATTACH]

My favorites... border prints.. I see some cool aprons in my future!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104684[/ATTACH]

Love the purple roses and the orange/gold/brown stripe
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104685[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-104467.jpe   attachment-104620.jpe   attachment-104623.jpe   attachment-104670.jpe   attachment-104671.jpe  

attachment-104675.jpe   attachment-104679.jpe   attachment-104680.jpe