View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 05:45 PM
gale

My kids don't have any desire to go to public school! I wouldn't say they love homeschooling or doing lessons but they love the flexibility and not having to ask or wait to go to the bathroom and being able to have lunch when we're all hungry and being able to do lessons in their pajamas, not to mention getting my full attention when they need help. They all do outside activities so they are around other kids but not all kids their own age. IMO it's better for them to socialize with people of all ages. My kids are very social and can easily converse with younger kids, older kids or adults (which is not a good thing sometimes-we have to reinforce the 'no strangers' rule every so often).

I know this is a joke but it's one I always think about when people talk about socialization:
"My wife and I were also concerned that our children would miss out on the socialization available in the public schools...so once a week we take our kids into the bathroom, cuss at them, push them around, steal their lunch money, and offer them drugs, and that seems to take care of it."