View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 04:24 AM
Betty

:!: Hi Boo, I had to re-read a couple times too to get it but once I did I flipped out. Being a newbie & just kinda testing the water on a little bit of machine quilting here and there, cause I haven't done much and don't want to ruin it totally or rip out for a night and a half, this is an awesome idea. It is so unconventional, yet so simple. Like they say, keep it simple stupid.....usually works. I am definitely going to give this a shot, and since I've not done much at all I won't have to unlearn a method to relearn this way. I had heard about the polish to keep it sliding, just wipe, wipe, wipe it off. I may have something I can add. These old hands and wrists think they have done enough for me over the years and now like to kick up on me when trying to grab, turn, hold tight, push, etc......I found that rubber finger tips from the office work good. Leaves your hands free so to speak but gives your fingers more grip so you can get away with using less pressure. A box of them, come in small, medium, large at office supply stores, is pretty inexpensive. 8) Betty